Sunday, August 20

I am once again stealing from CRSE

I LIKE this one! To play, go Here and pick the five quotations that call to you, and that you think sum up who you are. I'm not sure I can choose just five.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955),

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.

Frank Lloyd Wright (1869 - 1959)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about.

Charles Kingsley (1819 - 1875)

It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)


Okay, those are my five but here are the runners up:

It is good to rub and polish our brain against that of others

Michel de Montaigne (1533 - 1592)

Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves.

J. B. Priestley (1894 - 1984)

God is not dead but alive and well and working on a much less ambitious project.

Anonymous, Graffito

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.

Harry S Truman (1884 - 1972)

Reality continues to ruin my life.

Bill Watterson (1958 - ), Calvin and Hobbes



There it is, the essential Jen. I think that the Mark Twain quote probably reveals more about me than I had intended...hmm, have to give that some thought. The Charles Kingsley is definitely my philosophy and coping mechanism.

4 comments:

Sayre said...

I like (and relate to) all of your quotes, but I have to say that the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes" contains more truisms in one space than I've ever found anywhere else!

Jennfactor 10 said...

Amen, Sayre! I think It was the smartest, funniest strip we had, and I hate that people corrupt calvin with those stupid stickers on their cars.

I would, however, put on the one of C&H in the box with the goggles on if I could ever find one. I tell people all the time that it's all an adventure. I think that the C&H in the box says that without words.

Sayre said...

When my son was born, I had a c-section. One of my husband's friends gave me three big collection books of C&H to look at in the hospital. I have ALWAYS pictured my son as Calvin - since before he was born. And I had to have my husband take the books away. I was laughing so hard I thought I might pop my stitches!

crse said...

how awesome is it that you have back up quotes! you rock!