Thursday, August 10

Thursday 13


Thirteen Annoying Songs That Jen will get Stuck in your Head!

1. The Chicken Dance!!! My personal elevator music, while waiting for anything. No words, of course, just lots of na-na-na...My boss says this is her favorite. She curses me every time I sing it out loud. And I do sing it.out.loud.

2... The theme to I dream of Jeanie. Again, my personal Muzak, sung while waiting for anything.

3. Lately?The Banana Phone song that I mistakenly played for my kids after finding it on Casual Slack.

4. Following the banana theme, Banana Pudding, by Southern Culture on The Skids. Again, one that my kids loved, that My Honey has taken ownership of, and sings to me at odd times.

5. heeeey good lookin'... whaaaaaaatcha got cookin'...howza bout cookin' something up with me?

6. Won't you take me to....FUNKYTOWN!

7. The theme MUSIC to American Bandstand, but not the words.

8. I sing You are so beautiful to Big O, as loud and cheesy as I can. Little O sings it now, too.

9. The wretched Veggie Tale theme song (although I love their silly songs)

10. The witch doctor song...I told the witch doctor I was in love with YOU, I told the Witch doctor you didn't love me TRUE, and then the witch doctor, he told me what to DO- he said oooh--eee--ooh-ah-ah, ting-tang-walla-walla-bing-bang, ooh-eee-ooh-ah-ah, ting-tang-walla-walla-bing-Bang!

11. Put the lime in the coconut, drink it all up!

12. The 1812 overture, minus the live cannons. We once went on a 3-day road trip when I was a kid, and only had 4 tapes..this was one,along with a beach boys tape, a best of Buddy Holly, and...

13. The Entertainer (which is the piano theme from the movie, The Sting.)
14. Honorable mention goes to MC Hammer U can't touch this!! Whenever someone says one of our trucks is broken down, I immediately launch into Hammer time and slide my hands back and forth on my air keyboards while sliding my chair out from under mein aa left to right motion, while singing the whoaaa, whoaaa. TELL ME that I am only a Moderate to low geek. ACK. I'm afraid, now. What if this means I belong to the dorkus classification rather than the geekus? Cause I have to say, I've never heard anybody shout out their DORK PRIDE..

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, IÂ’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. ItÂ’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


15 comments:

Trisha said...

Hey good looking, that a ting tang walla walla bing bang of a list!

Anonymous said...

LOL OMG that was horrible! Now I have songs floating around in my head that I don't want to be there! Must go scoop out brains through ear with spoon...

Knitting Maniac said...

Geee.... thanks!

Happy TT!

Carmen said...

The chicken dance should be banned!

Deanna said...

great.now Im got these all stuck in my head for today!..LOL!..happy t13!

Lyn said...

Ba - na - na - naaaa! (Beethoven's 5th) gets stuck in my head. lol Thanks for visiting my T13 - Classic Books I've Never Read Edition at Bloggin' Outloud. lgp

Anonymous said...

I really hate to admit this, but the song I most often get stuck in my head is what I hear the plastic produce singing to me whenever I go grocery shopping at Kroger (5 a day, 5 a day, we all know it's the healthy way...) :)

Jen said...

You forgot La Cuca Racha, I still haven't forgiven you for teaching me all of the words in Spainsh. This is the only Spanish I know and it's about a marajuana smoking cockroach!!!

crse said...

AWESOME LIST. You are pure evil. Norm LOVES lime and the coconut. Here's a little something back for ya. How about Partridge Family "I think I love you"? My TT is up

Candy Minx said...

I was howling at this list vvery fun idea. I am just about ready for bed and no doubt one of these is gonna travel to sleepy time with me, what a set of lullabys lady!

i also wanted to say, I was so impressed by your kind words of support at a fellow bloggers site that under some duress...it made my day to read your nice comment.

anyways, lot of fun here nice to "meet" you I am second week of TT and below is spot
cheers,
Candy

http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2006/08/thursday-thirteen.html

Tink said...

Did you know the chicken dance is Dutch? ;-)
Thanks for visiting my TT.

Anonymous said...

The new song by the Bad Apple ("Knock knock, who's there? Temptation") is the song my kids are going around singing.

Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Geekwif said...

Ooooh. You are an evil one, aren't you! You missed my all-time most-hated song though...

In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight

a weem a way a weem a way
a weem a way a weem a way

Oooooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo
oh-um-a-way

...Oh crud. Now I'm going to have that shrill falsetto stuck in my head all day.

Unknown said...

OMG... It was hard reading your list because I KNOW those songs will be in my head all day now... hehe...
Thank you for your comment
http://pimsplace.blogspot.com/

Twisted Cinderella said...

That was fun! I'll have all those songs swimming around in my head all day now!