Wednesday, August 9

My Gift to my Chilrdren...

Some people pass amazing gifts to their children, like musical ability, or the ability to put paint to canvas and render a masterpiece. Others get the lesser abilities, like you're good with dogs, or a winning smile. Okay, I guess my children did get winning smiles. But the other thing that I have apparently given them is a sleep disorder.

Big O used to get Night Terrors. If you've never been through this, it was waking up in the middle of the night to the sounds of your baby screaming in terror from the other room. We would tear into his bedroom, and he'd be thrashing and screaming. And you know what? That was a good night. The bad nights, he would run frantically through the house, begging us to get him his mama, as I stood there with my arms around him. We were never able to wake him up from them, we just had to wait until he fell back to sleep. The doctor said some kids were just prone to them, just keep him safe and ride them out. Great*thanks.

Last night Little O woke up crying, and was just inconsolable. We asked her why she was crying and she was able to reply that she didn't know. But she couldn't stop crying. She cried for probably a half an hour, maybe forty-five minutes before she finally drifted off to sleep.

Big O eventually stopped, and I'm sure that Little O will get through this phase, as well (this was the second time this has happened, although last time was for a much shorter time), but what have I done to my kids that they go through this? My poor babies.

Love My O's.

4 comments:

crse said...

Blogger is sabotaging me tonight. Anyway, Im sending you and those Fabul-Os all the warm comforting thoughts I can. May this pass very very soon.

Jennfactor 10 said...

OH THANK GOODNESS!!! I can't get my TT to post correctly...it won't let me edit it or add my magical linky box! I'll try again tomorrow.

A girlfriend said that when they had white noise in her son's room, his night terrors stopped....I'll try anything to avoid another night like last!

crse said...

I sleep with white noise every single night. I really cant sleep without it. Thats a great idea!

Trisha said...

That must be really frightening for both you and the kids. I hope things get better soon. My kids don't have night terrors but they both sleep with white noise and I notice a big difference in the quality of sleep if I forget to turn it on. The youngest, six months old, will sleep the entire night if it is turned on, but will wake up 3-5 times of it isn't on. Good luck!