Friday, June 30

There really is a job for everyone...

For my Honey's birthday, we went to an arena football game for our local team. HE is into everything but nascar and televised golf (thank God), but his primary loves are Football, and baseball. I am a casual sports fan, at best. Baseball is okay IN PERSON ONLY. Football is okay on TV as long as you don't expect my full attention throughout. I tend to drift away...


Our city has really stepped up in terms of minor league teams, and when baseball tickets are available at work, I'll snatch them up in a heartbeat--just for something to DO. Football tickets have never been made available, so I bought the Honey 4 tickets. He could take the family, he could take the boys, I didn't care. What a good guy he took me, and his nephew who's football crazy. He wanted to take Big O, but O declined, I think because he and the Honey clash on big occasions. Now I wish we'd forced him.


It was so much fun! We had great seats and a lively crowd. But the best part was the stadium rabble rouser, who apparently works for the arena, because the Honey says he works the hockey games, too. This guy has turned his drunken college frat boy days into a career of sorts. He just wanders the crowd with his fourteen t-shirts worn one on top of the other, looking for slugs and quiet areas. He rouses the crowd by stripping off t-shirts and throwing them into the crowd. People are thrilled to get the sweat soaked tee shirt from this mad man.


This is probably standard in any major sports arena, but it was a revelation to me. They told me drunken frat boy was not a marketable job skill. Who knew?


He is my new sweaty hero.

2 comments:

ditzymoi said...

thats hilarious ...i think youre talking about one of my neighbors !!
hes like 21 and runs his ass off at these games doing something ...im not sure what though lol

Jennfactor 10 said...

Curly red hair and a little beer belly? He's a riot to watch!