Monday, November 12

bliss

It's my birthday, and I got pie at work--yay!
 
I actually got what I think is about the best present ever last night, in that my whole little family sat down at the table and had a lovely home cooked meal, right down to bread in a basket getting passed around.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but we have never really utilized our dining room table for anything but storage, and I have wanted to change that.  So we did!
We lit a candle, we all sat down, the Honey muted the TV, and only kinda watched the football game.  There was a little quiet music playing on the computer, and we were all eating THE SAME THING.  No special kid food, just loaded Little O with peanut butter that afternoon so I wouldn't get all psycho about the lack of protein on her plate.
 
Ahhhhh....
 
I am really striving for more nights like that, but it was lovely that the first night I really pulled it off without feeling frazzled was my birthday eve. 
 
 

2 comments:

ditzymoi said...

Happy Birthday Jen *biggest hugs ever* I miss you

Bunny said...

Happy B-day (belated) and congrats on getting everyone around the dinner table for a civilized meal! We instituted mandatory family dinners, at the dining room table, about 1.5 yrs ago. It's not easy, but I think it has been good for us as a family. The kids don't always eat as well as we would like, but that's just how kids are, right?