1. I scratched the bejeebus out of my arms picking limes for my Mother in law. Did you know lime trees have thorns?
2. I had a flash of brilliance regarding the halloween costume contest at work. I can't go into it, but I'm either winning for the "craziest" category, or I am SO fired.
3. I picked a huge fight with my ex-husband because, essentially, he is an idiot. It was give in and be nasty and mean spirited for three days, or chop him up and report him missing. Seriously, It was down to those two options.
4. Inadvertently screwed up with my friend, because her mother made me angry. I think I took her side a little too vehemently, and I'm sorry. very sorry.
5. Gave in and did the dishes, even though I was trying to be on strike because I seem to be the only one capable of loading the frigging DISHWASHER. We have a dishwasher, people-- and still I am the only one to cook, AND the only one to do dishes. But I had to . It was gross.
Big O will be unloading after homework.
6. Ate a kick ass dinner Saturday night--spent money we did not have taking sister-in-law out for her Birthday.
7. Lost my work weight loss competition by six lousy pounds. Evil accountant won, and boss offered her double or nothing. If she commits to losing the same amount of weight again by march, He will give her a THOUSAND dollars. I would sooo take the money now. And then go to Marie Callendar's.
8. But I renewed my vow to be below two hundred by Christmas!
9. Found my dress for the Christmas Party, EXACTLY what I wanted. I just happened to be wandering through the store and There it was marked down because it was last year's color. The only one in last year's color just happened to be in MY size. It was marked $70, and there was no way. But it was marked down to $56 and it was on sale, so I tried it on. It fit, and I decided that if it rang up under forty, I'd get it. Twenty-eight bucks, baby!
10. Went to the Dr. for the first time in twenty years that did not involve stirrups. Just a general check up. I'm good about paps, tho'.
11. Accepted that our glorious California summer is almost over and bought Little O some long sleeved t-shirts to wear under the cutie T-shirts with her jeans. She then naturally went on a dress kick and wanted to wear dresses to pre-school every day for a week, in spite of the crisp fall temperatures.
12. Had a good week with Big O in terms of homework (Always a struggle at our house).
13. Finally got trash toters in stock at work, which should cut down on the irate phone calls by half--unfortunately, the other half will still think that their bill only applies if they ENJOY gettting their garbage picked up. My job is still to explain that we get paid, whether they enjoy that fact or not. sigh. Another day, another stinking heap of--er another dollar.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants