Wednesday, October 4

Thursday 13 # 14--Rockin 80's songs, man!


Thirteen 80's lyrics from JENNFACTOR


Name the song and the artist!

I don't know who to give credit to! I've played on a couple of TTers song lyrics, and always had fun--if you had friends wearing black makeup in the 80's, you may be a little more successful with these! Love you, Kat!

1…. If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could,You know I would
If I could,I would
Let it go

Surrender
Dislocate

2. Someone write me a letter
I need to know that I'm still alive
Someone give me a telephone call
I need to hear a human sound
Someone open up a door
And let me out of this place
I've been caged up for oh so long
I don't know of I'm living or dying

Man, I was bright and happy teen, wasn't I?

3. And fiery demons all dance
When you walk through that door
Don't say you're easy on me
You're about as easy as a nuclear war
Cos the dream that strings the road
With broken glass for us to hold
And I got so far before I had to say

4. But I think that God's
Got a sick sense of Humor
And when I die
I expect to find Him laughing.

5. You hear laughter
Cracking through the walls
It sends you spinning
You have no choice...

Following the footsteps
Of a rag doll dance
We are entranced
(ahem, insert song title here)

6. He's got to make his own mistakes
And learn to mend the mess he makes
He's old enough to know what's right
But young enough not to choose it

7. I see you've sent my letters back
And my LP records and they're all scratched
I can't see the point in another day
When nobody listens to a word I say

8. In the silence, I think of you
I send a message, and I hope it gets through
Think of the distance
Think of the miles
All of the valley's, could take a while

I miss the people
I miss the fun
Your my apparition
She's my only one

9. I like the way that they walk
And it's chill to hear them talk
And I can always make them smile
From White Castle to the Nile

10. Good times they come and they go
Never going to know
What fate is going to blow
You're way just hope it feels right
Sometimes it comes and it goes
You take it ever so slow
And then you lose it, then it flows right to you
So we rely on the past
Special moments that last
Were they as tender as we dare to remember
Such a fine time as this
What could equal the bliss

11. Darkness Imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
trapped in myself

12. Across the clouds I see my shadow fly
Out of the corner of my watering eye
A dream unthreatened by the morning light
Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, A state of bliss
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies

13. When I'm out walkin' I strut my stuff
Man,I'm so strung out
I'm high as a kite and I just might stop to check you out



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

I profess for a fifth week my forbidden love of Mr. Linky...





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



20 comments:

Serendipity said...

OMG. Which rock have I been hiding? I do not know a single title of those nice lyrics you've posted.

Jennfactor 10 said...

lol! It's the rock that I lived under in the 80's, not you!

Anonymous said...

i am thinking i did some serious drugs during the 80s because i can't recall any of these.
please don't tell my kids!
my tt is up

Hen Jen said...

I can't figure out any of those songs, but maybe if I heard them played i could??

Hey- I'm a jen too, I'd like to hear more about your Jen factor theory...

I have found that Jen's make the best friends.

blessings,
Jenny in Ca

Anonymous said...

Hehe, great list idea :)

Anonymous said...

Gee, I thought I was a child of the 80s (I was born in 1972), but I don't recognize any of those lyrics. *blush* Great idea for a Thursday Thirteen though. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm very bad with lyrics only. If I'd hear them, I'd recognize more (I think).
My TT is about witches.

Carmen said...

i'm an 80s child, and I don't know any of these. But then I was more of a Duran Duran girl. ;)

Jennfactor 10 said...

I've stumped you all? Admittedly, not all of these were on top 40 radio, but several are still played on the radio today, and Carmen, one of them IS a Duran Duran song!

Tug said...

OMG I suck at this!! Some sound familiar.........

Happy TT!

Chaotic Mom said...

I only know a few of those, and love the last one listed. My hubby is better at remembering lyrics than I am. ;)

Crazy Fat Chick said...

Hmmm, I was a teen in the 80s but I sure as heck don't know any of these. I was really into freestyle though.

Measi said...

I know #13 is Blister in the Sun... but I don't know any of the others off the top of my head. Ack!

Anonymous said...

i only know some old songs...some new wave...or maybe because there's no audio background so MAYBE i know these songs yet they're just not sinking in because i am just hopeless. i suck at name that lyrics hehe...my TT is up=)

Pippajo said...

I only know #s 7 and 13.

Can't Stand Losing You by The Police

Blister in the Sun by I have no idea!

GREAT idea for a TT, one that I am like, so totall going to have copy, you know?

Anonymous said...

Is the Duran Duran one "Union of the Snake"?

Jennfactor 10 said...

Okay, people--we have SEVERAL english bands, one Welsh, one Irish, one Canadian, one Australian, at least one American band, one English-Brazilian mix, I believe...

crse said...

AHA PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME NOW? IS THERE SOMETHING I SHOULD KNOW? Im usually good at lyrics so Im going back in....

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm not sure, but - U2, Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Siouxsie & the Banshees (and i'm expecting that is the ref to black-makeup and hair-dyed friends) :-), Rush, Police, INXS, Beastie Boys, Sade, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Violent Femmes. . . that would be the artists - my head hurts. I think your next list should be 80s 'one-hit-wonders' - there sure were plenty.

Jennfactor 10 said...

Bwahahaha! Okay, Kat got all but the second one, which was the Alarm.

Thank you for playing, folks!