Monday, August 28

Operation Lose That Ass: update

ugh. I know, I talk a lot of shit, but I think my momentum has withered. Wilted on the proverbial vine. The boss still has not brought his scale in, and I have no clue where I stand. Oh, the funny pants still fit, but I feel more like the stay puff Marshmallow man than someone who's going to be posting photos of my slimmer self in a month and a half.

I'm also feeling very old, as the Honey's niece, whom I adore, has chosen US to go with her to the Red Hot Chili Peppers tonight. Her mom got her tickets for her birthday on the condition that she take adults with her, and she chose the Honey and myself. I love this kid. She figured we had at least heard of them. The Chilis had been around back when I was high school, shite, twenty years ago...yes, thank you, we've heard of them. The problem is that I was never super into them, and Californication just about finished that off. Could the radio stations have played any song more to death?
But they are cool, and it's live music, and we're going. I told her we're going to show up with the little fans around our neck to blow the pot smoke away from her--she kinda turned green. Should I go out and find one just to further panic her? I wish I did not feel ancient and large. sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't loose the momentum! (shake my pom-poms) you can do it! besides do you really want to wirte about all my wonderfulness?

Sayre said...

Aw... come on! I'd much rather write about you than Nikki... (kidding, girls!) I know how you feel though... all puffy. Maybe next week you'll be feeling all svelte and like kicking all our asses. Hang in, gal!

crse said...

ive been trying to post all day (damn blogger). You know thats all hormonal and psychological buddy right? Remember if the pants fit, you must acquit (or something like that right?)I on the other hand, am not hormonal or psychological as I face my first day of trying to lose my specific ass. I did however eat several mini-reese cups and a ranch based pasta dish my husband made (that was FANTASTIC) Rome wasnt built in a day right?

Nikki said...

Don't you dare give up. I will have to kick your ass.

Go eat a salad!

Tip: instead of pouring your dressing on top of your salad put it in a small container on the side and dip your fork in the dressing and them stab your food. That way you can control the dressing intake.