Wednesday, June 21

AAAhhh...

I am sort of lost without a book. They truly are my escape. The problem is that I am a voracious reader, and can plow through a cheap thriller or a romance in a few hours. I think that's why I love Sci-Fi/Fantasy sooo very much. I have to stop and think about the other-worldly aspects and how they work, so it slows me down in my reading, and for me, that's a good thing. I am a former Bookseller, so I'll generally use sci-fi as a generic term because it all gets shelved together. I like everything, but over the years I have found that Strong female protagonists are often (but not exclusively) written by women. If you ever run across a book you think I'd be interested in, by all means send me a comment, and if you read something I've talked about and have an opinion, I'd love to hear that, too. (Do I miss the bookstore? absolutely.)

I am currently reading the third in a series by Lois McMaster Bujold, not a Vorkosigan novel, but fantasy. I just lucked into it in the new paperback section at B&N. I love the miles Vorkosigan Sci-fi, and am excited to find fantasy by her, but have realized that once again, I am reading the third. now I'll have to go track down teh first two. But at least they are recent! More on books from time to time...

hmmm...this is a little scattered, but this started out as a thank you letter to my honey, who is not a reader, but has borne my disappearing act with good grace. I'm almost done with my book, hon.

No comments: